Nursing home abuse
LANCASTER ELDER ABUSE AND NURSING HOME NEGLECT ATTORNEYS
The Lancaster elder abuse and nursing home neglect attorneys at PARRIS Palmdale and Santa Clarita-area law office have successfully served many California families. Indeed, our personal injury lawyers have dedicated their careers to serving injury and wrongful death clients. Our experience has fostered a reputation for success – millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements – that is valued by our clients and respected by our peers.
NURSING HOME RESIDENT RIGHTS
Under federal law, all nursing homes are required to have written policies called the Nursing Home Resident’s Bill of Rights. Our Lancaster elder abuse and nursing home neglect attorneys, near Palmdale and Santa Clarita, protect the rights of victims throughout California. If you or a loved one has been denied these rights or has been physically, emotionally, or sexually abused, PARRIS can help you obtain compensation.
The Nursing Home Resident’s Bill of Rights, which must be presented to any resident that requests them, should afford residents the right to:
- Privacy, dignity, and respect
- Choose their own physician
- Have personal possessions
- Participate in the planning of their medical care and treatment
- Be informed about their medical condition and treatment
- Manage their personal finances
- Receive or refuse visitors
- Be discharged or transferred only for medical reasons
WARNING SIGNS OF ELDER ABUSE
According to the National Center on Elder Abuse, for every reported case of nursing home abuse, neglect, or exploitation, five additional incidents are unreported. For this reason, it is imperative that family members know and recognize the warning signs of nursing home negligence. These include:
- Development of bed sores and ulcers
- Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
- Broken bones and/or unexplained falls
- Injuries resulting from restraint or lack of restraint
- Excessive and/or rapid weight loss
- Unexplained or unexpected death
If you suspect that a loved one has been the victim of nursing-home neglect or elder abuse, contact PARRIS today to schedule a free consultation at (661) 949-2595.